A Warrant of Fitness or WOF is required every six months for vehicles registered before 1 January 2000 and every 12 months for vehicles registered after 1 January 2000. New vehicles are now initially issued with a three year WOF and move onto 12 month WOF’s after that.
It’s a good idea to combine your WOF and vehicle service as WOF inspections do not cover all aspects of your vehicle, for example: lubricant levels or quality in your engine, clutch, gearbox and differential; brake pad thickness or life expectancy. These important items are not checked as part of a WOF inspection, but they can be checked as part of a vehicle service.
Six reasons to bring your vehicle to Auto Super Shoppe Maidstone for its WOF:
- Experience – Our WOF inspectors are experienced in vehicle mechanics and servicing; and undertake regular WOF training.
- Reliability – we obtained the top grade in our August 2014 NZTA Audit (a feat not achieved by many workshops); and we benchmark our WOF performance against industry data.
- Convenience – if we do find any issues with your vehicle, with your approval the repair work can often be completed on the same day and the WOF issued.
- Location – we are close to: the centre of Upper Hutt; the pool “H2O Extreme”; Maidstone Max park; Mitre 10; and the Railway station.
- Opening Hours – 7.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 8am to Midday on Saturdays (except long weekends).
- Value – At $49.50 our WOF inspection price is very competitive – Save $25 if you book your WOF inspection combined with a Service through our online booking form.
You will find Auto Super Shoppe Maidstone mechanical services particularly convenient if you live or work around the following areas:
Did you know
It’s a good idea to combine your WOF and vehicle service, because WOF inspections do not cover all aspects of your vehicle. For example engine, clutch, gearbox and differential; lubricant levels and condition; brake pad thickness or life expectancy; and paint work condition and rust in non-structural areas are not checked in VTNZ Warrant of Fitness inspections, but they can be checked as part of a vehicle service.